Thames has a range of accommodation options to suit everyone. We have Motels, Boutique accommodation, Hotel/Hostels, Bed & Breakfasts, Campgrounds, Air BNB and DOC campsites.
Check out some of your options at
or contact Thames i-SITE if you need assistance with a booking Ph 07 8687284
Thames Coromandel District Council also welcomes certified self contained campers at various locations around the Thames area. These include :
* Rhodes Park carpark, Ngati maru Highway
* Danby Field carpark, Queen Street.
* Tararu Beachfront North reserve, 1023 Tararu Road
* Waiomu Domain Beachfront Reserve, 601b Thames Coast Road, Waiomu
* Waipatukahu Point Reserve, 727 Thames Coast Road, Tapu
* Te Mata Point Reserve, 801 Thames Coast Road, Te Mata
The Council carpark on Mackay Street, opposite the Council Offices and Rhodes Park carpark is also available for unrestricted freedom camping from Thursday night right through to Sunday.
All Points Camping will again create a pop up campsite at Thames South School. Open to tents, caravan and campers. Please note that as this is on school grounds there is a policy of no dogs, no smoking and no alcohol. Family friendly site, within easy walk to town.